Thursday, October 17, 2013

Be Creative To Make Your Kid(s) Writing Chinese

In my generation, we used to write a Chinese character for 10 times or more when we were at school.  That was how we learned.  The purpose...1) for memorization and 2) for penmanship.

When it comes to my 4-year-old, I realized that he gets bored with this kind of activity within the first 5 minutes.  The more I force him to do so, the more he hates it.

So, I started to do this when I revise writing each Chinese character with him.

I hold his little finger and pretend using it to write each Chinese word.  Eventually, he starts to do it by himself without me holding his finger to do so.  The best of all, he even memorizes the order of each stroke.

Since I have been writing Chinese calligraphy with brushes for a long, long time, I even take this advantage to show him where he needs some strength at which stroke.  If you can do so, give it a try and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment