Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cartoons in Mandarin

Parents, you may know by now that kids learn better when they play.  I used to get frustrated that I couldn't purchase a lot of storybooks or teaching materials online in the States to teach my son Chinese.

But you will not believe that there is actually a lot within your fingertips.  It is just the matter of using the right keywords to search online.

If you type "cartoons in Mandarin" on any search engine, you would be surprised the array of cartoons speaking 100% in Mandarin showing up on YouTube.  It is FREE.  And I mean they are good cartoons and kids-friendly.

They range from a few minutes to 45 minutes.  The varieties of topics they cover is more than you can imagine, such as traditional Chinese stories, fables and stories related to our daily lives.

But there is one really jumping right out and caught my attention immediately which is called "Qiao Hu" (means Clever Tiger). 

What I love the most about this little tiger series is that it covers pretty much everything I mentioned above.  The best of all, it shows kids how some Chinese characters formed through the illustration.  This is one of the basics that how we all learn writing Chinese.

This is one of the "Qiao Hu" series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEhm8Ltfrpk

Hope you will enjoy as much as my little one and I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment