Saturday, October 5, 2013

Welcome to Writing Chinese for Kids Blog

Welcome to my blog.

My little one just started going to Chinese school learning Mandarin a few weeks ago.  Going there once a week, he doesn't pick up much, except revising it with him every day.  That is what I have been doing since day one.

I learned that parents like me speaking Cantonese or anther parent speaking English makes it very difficult for the kid(s) to adjust.  Taking my little boy to school, I realize that many families have the same challenge.  On top of that, most parents have a full-time job during the week.  This really makes us a group of "running-like-a-headless-chicken" parents sharing the same empathy with each other.

But why do we still want to take our kids to Chinese school?  There are many reasons:

1) Make them to learn another part of their culture and roots
2) Chinese is getting more and more important in the world.  Who knows?  It could be another language that most people speak after English
3) While the children are still young, this is the best way for them to start learning a new language.  It makes it easier for them to really learn it.
4) Of course, there are more reasons other than the above 3.

Although the children got homework (actually very little) to do almost every week, it does not help much to keep them memorizing the Chinese characters very well.

So, I decided to make up my own worksheets for my son.  After creating all writing-Chinese-for-kids files, my another thought came into my mind, "May as well share them with other parents whom have the same needs."

Please feel free to download these PDF files for your children to practice writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment